Collage Piece (2D)

For this piece I drew inspiration from Hannah Hoch. She was a female dadaist around the 1920's and she created abstract collages by manipulating reality. She would take part of people (from pictures), such as faces, hands, feet, and would manipulate them to form a new person. I tried to emulate this by taking my face and putting it onto a scuba diver. I thought it was a fun and quirky way to incorporate myself into this piece. While I may be smiling in this picture, the message I tried to convey isn't so. With pollution being such a big problem on a global level, I decided to put in "fish" made of plastic. This highlights how much our oceans are polluted and eventually, with all the plastic in the oceans, we will be diving with plastic fish. This project was really fun, and I enjoyed working with photoshop- I thought it was easy, and I'd love to work with it again.
*7 pictures used: relaxed diver, my face, fish x5, background (ocean)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evolution of Taylor Swift and ABBA

Stop Motion