Grid Art


For my grid art I chose to create a watermelon as a nod to summer, although it hasn't "officially" started. To create this piece I made a template for myself using Google Docs. This helped me visualize the colors I would use and served as an overall outline when it came time to lay everything out. The medium I chose to use was pain chips (thank you Sherman Williams). I chose paint chips because, they come in a variety of colors so I was able to find the shades that I felt worked best, and they're also very easy to manipulate, seeing as I cut my into fourths so I didn't need as many. When it came time to layout the paint chips I chose to lay them down on carpet. I tried to do it on a table, but there was no grip to the surface so they kept sliding all over the place. My grid is 15x15, I have to note though, that I did fall short on some of the blue chips for the background. Overall, I really enjoyed this project. It required more thinking than your everyday art, but I thought it was fun to try and find ways to break down pictures into their smallest units.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evolution of Taylor Swift and ABBA

Stop Motion

Collage Piece (2D)